Sunday, June 10, 2012

House hunting....

So, I would like to introduce you to my newest venture that just thrills me.... House Hunting.

Okay, so one quick admission...we will be purchasing a condo (probably) and not an actual house with a yard, picket fence, on a cul-de-sac.  I'd like to give you the background on why we decided to go this route.

1. My husband and I are too immature and self-absorbed to want to spend time doing yard work.

Just sayin...  I mean, who wants to buy a lawn mower, lawn tools, etc, and then waste time and energy on trimming, clipping, cutting, mowing, pulling, planting...etc.  Okay, actually it does sound a little appealing, I use to enjoy mowing the lawn at our family house grown up but I have to be honest with myself:  I barely have time to go water my 1 pot of herbs and 3 flowers I have out on my tiny back patio right now. In fact but late July I usually just give up.  You really shouldn't do that if you've trimmed and treated your entire yard.

2. Condo's are newer, they already have all the nice appliances, cabinetry, open spaces, good light, etc.

For the area and the price range we are looking at really the inside of the condos are much more appealing.  All of the actual houses were built in the late 80's or early 90's.  They have choppy floor plans and need some work.  We just don't have the time or money to mess with all that.  I want "move in ready".  Any house that is even close as nice inside is like 2 blocks from a major interstate.  No Thank You Sir.

3. They have a community pool.  Enough said.

It is difficult for me to give up the idea of being able to let my dogs out into a fenced in area where they can run and play but let's be honest.  They are indoor dogs, they get to be walked all the time (this keeps my ass from getting too fat) and they are pretty happy they way they are now so I'd say it's really a win/win.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment